Monday, June 15, 2015

Thimble Blossoms Scrappy Sampler QAL : Vintage Tulips Part Two

Happy Monday! 

This week we are moving ahead on our Thimble Blossoms Scrappy Sampler quilt. :-)

So far, we've made five Lollies, one Piccadilly Circus, and three Tulips. 

This week, we're working on the alternate blocks from the Vintage Tulips pattern (I'll refer to this as the "Wave" section of this quilt).  The pattern for this quilt is here if you need one.  We're going to make THREE alternate blocks following the pattern directions with ONE change....

Refer to Step 6 in the Block Assembly section of the pattern.  You'll make six square blocks (b).  For THREE of the SIX blocks, omit the top row (A/2.5/A).  You'll join one complete (b) block with one altered (b) block.  Refer to photos below as a guide. 

TIP:  Before I cut my pieces for this section, I went ahead and cut the pieces for my three Swoon Sixteen blocks (next week's blocks).  The reason for this is that I am using our kit and therefore need to cut some of these "wave" pieces from some of the scraps.  If you are using our kit, I would recommend you do this to ensure you have enough room to get your Swoon pieces next week. 


I tried to include a variety of prints and colors in these cuts.  I chain pieced all the background pieces to the prints, which made the assembly super quick!  

Then I laid them all out to try and make sure colors & prints were distributed well before sewing the pieced strips together into blocks. 

We're getting so close!  Just one more week of blocks making and then we'll reveal the quilt layout!

If you are on Instagram, show me your wave blocks and tag them #TBScrappySamplerQAL !

See you next Monday for our next installment!

Happy Sewing! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)