Friday, October 2, 2015

Thimble Blossoms Sampler Week 3 - Houses

Welcome back!  I hope you are having fun sewing along on this QAL ... How did you did with your star blocks last week?

This week, we are still making our way through all the great blocks in the Summerville pattern by Camille at Thimble Blossoms.

If you are using our kit and making these from layer cake squares, please be sure to refer to the instructions included in the kit for cutting the main body of the house from one layer cake square.


These house blocks come together pretty easily, especially if you chain piece to make several at once.


I tried to use most of the colors from the layer cake throughout my houses and I also tried to think about patterns that would be ok with seams in them for the roof parts especially.  (For example, the orange peel could look a little wonkly with a seam in the middle, but the florals hide the seams a little better.)


Is it bad that now I want to make a whole quilt of these house blocks?!


They are just too cute?! :-)

I hope you are having fun sewing along.  Share a link or tag me on Instagram (@sewlux) and use #TBScrappySamplerQAL so I can see your little neighborhood!

Have a great weekend and I will see you next Friday with the next set of blocks!

Happy Sewing! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)